PlayBuddy
September 10, 2024, 07:52:33 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Way Off Topic

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

He may have wrote the auto but "Who Writes The Songs?"

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Homer

Homer

Next thing you'll be telling me you like Neil Diamond too. :o

Homer

Ugh.....forget I asked. It's a song sung blue. :o

RocknRollGirl

Hey Barb, you have a cute pic of a dog and I like it.  Is it a dog you have or just a pic of one?
Bree

RocknRollGirl

Quote from: Barbara on April 06, 2005, 09:06:54 PM
It is a picture of a dog, one like I had long ago in my youth, when the mastodons pranced across the Earth. It is a long haired Dachshund. Mine was a miniature and I named her 'Lil Bit.

She is really cute and I am sure you miss her very much.  I love Dachshund's and my brother has one as a pet.  I have a Sheltie named Gunner and has beautiful blue eyes and he is a blue merle color.  He is a great pet to have and a lot of fun too.
Bree

debbie87

For more pics of dogs like that (big heads) check out www.thedog-clubs.com.

And whats wrong with Barry Manilow??????  lmao
<does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?>....................

I've seen him in concert several times, he puts on a helluva show. Not quite as good as the Nickelback/3Doors Down concert I saw last summer but.....................

Homer

I split this post over here from technical help. We got a little carried away. LOL :o

Motley

Quote from: Barbara on April 06, 2005, 09:06:54 PM
It is a picture of a dog, one like I had long ago in my youth, when the mastodons pranced across the Earth.  It is a long haired Dachshund.  Mine was a miniature and I named her 'Lil Bit.

I had two of these growing up a black long haired one named Peanut and after she died my mom tried to replace her with another long haired one named Rascal...how fitting for him, he was enamored with the cats.  They got no rest until he died a few years ago.  I asked my husband for another Dachshund but instead he brought home this big mixed breed dog named Killer.

PrincessKate

I can say I'm a Manilow and Diamond fan.  It was my mom's fault.

I did a nice thing and got us tix to see Neil Diamond.  While I was terrified that I would be hit by flying granny panties meant for the stage, it was an amazing show.  I don't regret going for a second, and I actually ran out and bought a few CD's. 

I'm ashamed no more of Neil!   ;D

NotAdumbBlonde

Ok Barbara and PrincessKate it's not just the two of you that like them!!  I was just always afraid to admit it  ;)  If my husband or son knew they would just die.   Can't let them know that I have a few cd's hidden in the back of my folder lol.   I must be getting really old to like the same music as my mother.

Motley

Quote from: Barbara on April 07, 2005, 09:49:56 PM
Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about.  I sometimes play "Cracklin' Rosie" in my car while I drive and sing along.  I am glad we can be open about this, finally.  Lol

I was just going to say I liked that song and hoped I wouldn't get laughed at but I know that a few other people like Neil as well, so I don't feel so bad.  My forum name suggest I am a 80's hair band fan (and I am, I will always stop for a Crue or Poison song) but as my husband will testify, I'm extremely diverse.  I do like Manilow and Diamond but what really yanks my husband's chain is the fact that I love John Denver and Micky Dolenz.  Now, admitting that is brave!!  Not as brave as admitting I have a framed autographed pic of Dolenz by my computer (along with the 1 foot figure of the Undertaker with a Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow clock hanging around his neck).  Odd, yes I am...but I will never be bored.   >:D

PrincessKate

:-[

Can I have no dignity?  Yes, I can admit to a few Air Supply song fests, in the car, singing at the top of my lungs. 

I need therapy. 

PrincessKate

We're all out of love........so lost with out you.....I know you were right.....believing for sooooooooo long!"   :-[

PrincessKate

Just blame it on me, I'm the new kid.

I learned something....I always wondered what word finished off.....

"I can make the final....." 

Thanks!   ;D

PrincessKate

LOL!  I'm never perming my hair again.  The last one was 12 years ago, and I prefer to keep it that way. 

I can see the Hanson CD and raise it a Debbie Gibson Electric Youth CD.   :-[  (I need to keep quiet....lol)

psychopath09

Hm, how about some Nirvana and Destiny's Child? ;D Smells Like Bootylicious - Destiny's Child -vs- Nirvana.. Great song O0

Motley

Quote from: Barbara on April 08, 2005, 10:05:38 PM
I want to borrow all of your CDs and we can give each other home perms!  Thanks for the smile.  We all have CDs in our closet we wish to hide.  Homer is a big Hanson fan.   :P

Ok..I'm gonna respond to two posts..."Makin' Love Out of Nothing At All" is my favorite Air Supply song.  I used to be Queen of Home Perms in the 80's (at least around my area, which may I add was not to keen on different around here, used to get a lot of ribbing for being different).  My closet is full of Cd's which are better left in there.  I have the complete WWE Superstars Theme Music collection (even way back to the first one in the '80s) and all of the Backstreet Boys Cd's.  And, I have no problem blasting, "Sexy Boy (Shawn Michael's Theme Song)" in my car with the windows down...I do get laughed at stop lights.  

As for Hanson...I must admit, I have that first one.   :-[

psychopath09

Duran Duran is da best, but now i have the song Mmm Bop stuck in my head.

debbie87

You guys are nuts.................................LOL
I actually went to see Air Supply when I was in high school <hanging head in shame>
Very much an 80's child here..............even had the 'CHOOSE LIFE' t shirt (remember WHAM ?)
My daughter borrowed some of my old (really old) clothes for an 80s theme dance at school, lol
I sometimes wish I could go back to that time, it was great. Back when MTV actually played music videos.....................

and how many of you will admit to owning a New Kids On The Block cassette???? huh? huh?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview