PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:29:48 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Password protection

Started by beanie,

Previous topic - Next topic

beanie

Hi,  I was wondering you anyone can tell me if there is a way to password protect or hide one particular folder on my desktop.  Here is my problem,  my hubby's friend is coming over to try and hookup my AOL cable to a Linksys router which has been a major pain and we can't do -so he is going to try it.  Anyway, I have a file/folder I created labeled Pogo on my desktop that has all my Pogocheats in it and I'm afraid as he is messing around trying to get me on that his interest my be peaked as to what that is.  I don't want him to know.  What is the best thing to do.  I guess I could always call is something less obvious.  Help if you can.  Thanks alot. :-*

mtd27100

right click on that folder and go to property's and then it will give you the list of things, chose "hidden" then apply. then when you want to unhide it, just double click "my computer" then "tools" at the top, then "folder options" then go to "view" then scrool down to "hidden files and folders" then chose the "show hidden files and folders"
Sounds more complicated then it is, but if you follow it just the way I said it then piece of cake. O0

beanie

Thank you so much for the help.   I know some people, well alot of people on here think its cool to have autos- I do definitely thats why I'm a member but there are just as many that think it is a rotten thing to do, he is one of them, and since he is a friend of my hubby's and knows my signon in pogo I don't know what he would do about it, so I don't want to take chances, and yes he does nosey around my computer because he is always trying to add programs to my puter he thinks is good for me (even if I dont want it- like Office, virus scans etc).   - But all this is say - Thank you so much for the quick response and the expert information.  I'll try it.   O0

beanie

Thanks I do so far like the linksys but had to install ver. 2 since nothing above that apparently works with AOL cable.  Talked to 4 different so - called experts from Linksys and AOL and finally thats the info I got- only ver1 or 2 work with AOL.  Its crazy being AOL is the most popular ISP-  I know lots of people hate them, but I've had them for like 8 yrs I think and haven't had any problems.  Thanks for all the info and posts to my question.  It is appreciated.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview