Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

a brainteaser

Started by benji,

Previous topic - Next topic

benji

Miss Bradley said, "Class, let's put our thinking caps on. louise has a trick she wants to share."

Here's the trick louise shared with her class:

"Six books are stacked side by side. Each book is 2 inches thick, and has 200 pages." louise explained. "There's a bookworm that is going to chew thru the books from page 1 of book 1 to page 200 of book 6."

"Not counting the covers, how many pages did the bookworm chew thru? How many inches did he go?" louise asked.

"That wasn't hard!" said Jimmy. "He's eaten thru 12 inches and 1,200 pages!"

"Jimmy, you are wrong. Don't be so quick! Better think again!" louise replied.

Can you figure this out?

just-a-cheater

KerSplat

Bashfulazzbaby

1200 pages but how thick are the books not counting the covers????

sagenkenzismom

i dont have the brain power to count but each sheet of paper has 2 page numbers on it, how many inches?????

Bashfulazzbaby

So that will make it what 600 pages? Still need to know the inches of the book without the cover!!!  :o

touitsjesse

its impossible to say how many inches cause the covers can be of many thincknesses and the worm only chewed through 600 pages.

abc123abc

WhitePanther

lets try 2 pages #1 book 1 and #200 book 6 now just give us the answer  lol

Stinky

If I read this right...It says the bookworm is GOING to chew through the books..Soooo that means that the bookworm has not eaten anything yet.  Am I right???  :-X

cheruboptics

he will chew through 600 pages granting that there are no table of contents or indexes etc and granting that they are not single sided pages.
as far as how many inches it chews through.....how thick are the covers?
say each cover is 1/8 inch thick......1/8 x 2 = 1/4 then 12 - 1/4 == 11 3/4 inches
O0

SUEOAKLEY

benji

sorry for the answer delay i forgot about this :(
wtg barbara u got it right 8 inches 800 pages

goatblls2006

I woulda said 0 pages cause he couldn't chew through the cover to get to any of the pages!

benji

the correct answer is 8 inches and 800 pages. Books on a shelf...page 1 of book 1 is on the RIGHT side of the book. Page 200 of book 6 is on the LEFT side. Therefore, he will not eat ANY of book 1 OR book 6. That just leaves 2, 3, 4 and 5. They each are 2 inches (8 inches total) and have 200 pages (800 pages total).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview