PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 05:53:44 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Gas prices

Started by Helen,

Previous topic - Next topic

justahumping

sorry, I know you pay more in Canada and England, but there is no sence at all for us to be paying as much as we are now paying here in the US for gas.  I have a brother -out (in)- law that is an off shore driller in Africa and he told me a few weeks ago that we have not seen anything yet, told me to wait untill the end of summer if I wanted to see some high prices. Sad hu?

ClingFree

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 24, 2006, 06:11:37 PM
Wow. This might be one of those rare times I'm happy to not live up in Canada!

But if you lived in Canada, you'd have to have a Canadian Idol instead of an American Idol.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: ClingFree on April 24, 2006, 06:14:09 PM
Quote from: SaintHippo on April 24, 2006, 06:11:37 PM
Wow. This might be one of those rare times I'm happy to not live up in Canada!

But if you lived in Canada, you'd have to have a Canadian Idol instead of an American Idol.

OMG, who picture would I have up instead of Pickles? How much would I make fun of Elliott? I need to check out CI's site right now!

Mayhem

Everyone here watches American Idol .. a lot more entertaining  :)
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

SaintHiρρo

Canadian Idol isn't showing yet, they're still in the interview process... guess I'll have to keep rooting for Pickles!  :;" (don't ask why I picked this smiley... I just did but it's a million times better than a guy using ->  :-* as his closing smiley)

ClingFree

Quote from: Mayhem on April 24, 2006, 06:20:29 PM
Everyone here watches American Idol .. a lot more entertaining  :)

You know you have to tell us how you feel about Miss Pickler .. and Elliot .. and that hot bald headed guy named Chris

huggybear

Gas is 2.79 in lower Michigan and 3.00 in upper michigan

Helen

Quote from: justahumping on April 24, 2006, 06:13:27 PM
sorry, I know you pay more in Canada and England, but there is no sence at all for us to be paying as much as we are now paying here in the US for gas.  I have a brother -out (in)- law that is an off shore driller in Africa and he told me a few weeks ago that we have not seen anything yet, told me to wait untill the end of summer if I wanted to see some high prices. Sad hu?

Congress needs to step in and put a stop to these high prices and all the gouging going on. They also need to start looking towards an alternative fuel like other countries are developing. Gas here is $2.89 for the cheap crap. >:(

lostinpogoland

thanks for link they're saying by july gas be $5 dollars or more a gal :'(

Bailey

1.07 to 1.10 a liter here in Winnipeg, Canada.......Mayhem already did the conversion so you know ours is a bit cheaper.  I drive a big gas hog 4 wheel drive Ford and     i filled up on the way home from work last night......$83 later >:(

PS:  AI is always a better show than Canadian Idol, but then all US shows are better than the Canadian ones, lol

foxx

Useful trivia for you.

1999: Oil companies made 22.4 cents per gallon profit.

2005: Oil companies make 99 cents per gallon profit.

In relative terms, I paid $2.95 gallon yesterday.  IF those greedy bastards weren't such greedy bastards, I would have only paid $2.19 gallon.

Gee, I guess it pays to have a buddy in the big boy seat in the white house.

zeboo

I payed 2.86 today....Oh running off topic I am not far from bremerton here..howdy neighbor  O0

lvdust72

Quote from: justahumping on April 24, 2006, 05:39:36 PM
cheap chit was 2.999 just a few minutes ago. North central Arkansas.  :x 

WOW, that is where I live. Are you in my backyard?   LOL

justahumping

Quote from: lvdust72 on April 26, 2006, 12:12:38 AM
Quote from: justahumping on April 24, 2006, 05:39:36 PM
cheap chit was 2.999 just a few minutes ago. North central Arkansas.  :x 

WOW, that is where I live. Are you in my backyard?   LOL

I am 50 miles east of Lake Norfork and 50 miles north of Batesville, you anywhere close to that? if so PM me..
B.T.Y. Gas Friday was 2.99 here in town, then 20 miles south of me it was only 2.79 Guess where I filled up at before I left town? lol  In Little Rock is was 2.69

Beachy1956

I paid 2.49 for diesel yesterday..thank god my car uses diesel
Regular unleaded is 2.69 a gallon here which is not to bad compared to everyone elses  :o

Helen

Quote from: Beachy1956 on May 09, 2006, 04:34:33 AM
Regular unleaded is 2.69 a gallon here which is not to bad compared to everyone elses  :o

I never thought I'd be hearing myself tell anyone that they were lucky for finding gas for $2.49 a gallon.....but you're lucky, lol. It's weird because someplaces, diesel is more than unleaded and other places it's higher. I've never been able to figure that out.  :o

bobby

3.12 reg
3.22 mid
3.33 v-power              @ shell :o

Helen

Quote from: bobby on May 09, 2006, 05:36:19 AM
3.12 reg
3.22 mid
3.33 v-power              @ shell :o

Those sound like West coast prices.  :o

Beachy1956

Quote from: Helen on May 09, 2006, 05:33:43 AM

I never thought I'd be hearing myself tell anyone that they were lucky for finding gas for $2.49 a gallon.....but you're lucky, lol. It's weird because someplaces, diesel is more than unleaded and other places it's higher. I've never been able to figure that out.  :o
me either Helen, but maybe because i live in a port city where there are many trucking companies... i really have no idea why its this way but im so glad it is

Helen

Quote from: Beachy1956 on May 09, 2006, 05:50:20 AM
Quote from: Helen on May 09, 2006, 05:33:43 AM

me either Helen, but maybe because i live in a port city where there are many trucking companies... i really have no idea why its this way but im so glad it is

LOL.....whatever the reason, I know I'd be glad too. I guess there's no regulation on the price between diesel and unleaded.  You can travel 100 miles and see the price be higher/lower at a number of different places.  :o

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview