PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 06:04:14 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Paypal

Started by gator8_24,

Previous topic - Next topic

gator8_24

This relates to Pogo and yet doesn't, I got an email today from paypal about my acct being used from a different IP and would be shutting down ,my acct. if I didn't reply to the link provided. Well dummy me, I did click the link but my comp. wouldn't let me go any further. So I had to change the PW and the other security questions, But I did ck my history and all charges are legal ( all were BH). Just an FYI

Tara

You need to report that email to spoof@paypal.com     Paypal will never tell you that, just like ebay wont'. Report them. Just remember that, they will never ask you to do that in a email.

Edited because I put the wrong addy in because Prison Break is on... :ooo

I get them all the time and I don't even open it. I just forward it to paypal.

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on August 28, 2006, 05:09:28 PM
This relates to Pogo and yet doesn't, I got an email today from paypal about my acct being used from a different IP and would be shutting down ,my acct. if I didn't reply to the link provided. Well dummy me, I did click the link but my comp. wouldn't let me go any further. So I had to change the PW and the other security questions, But I did ck my history and all charges are legal ( all were BH). Just an FYI

Those emails are usually fraudulent. I would be very concerned about your Paypal account. This is one of the oldest scams in the book. If you clicked any link in that email you may have exposed your personal info to the scammers. I would call Paypal immediately and cancel that account and open a new one.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Lish

Quote from: Homer on August 28, 2006, 05:13:26 PM

Those emails are usually fraudulent. I would be very concerned about your Paypal account. This is one of the oldest scams in the book. If you clicked any link in that email you may have exposed your personal info to the scammers. I would call Paypal immediately and cancel that account and open a new one.

I agree- I actually got one of those in my yahoo mail about an acct that I haven't used in YEARS that I had on payPal =))  Told me if I didn't click the link, blah blah that my acct would be shut down.  If you go to the PayPal website, they also tlel you ways that you can know the e-mail is for real.

gator8_24

I couldn't open the link as got a warning. I did call paypal and did change the pw and the other security questions. Should I still cancel that account?  I don't mind. but I still would rather not use paypal if at all possible.

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on August 28, 2006, 06:42:14 PM

I couldn't open the link as got a warning. I did call paypal and did change the pw and the other security questions. Should I still cancel that account?  I don't mind. but I still would rather not use paypal if at all possible.

I would do what they suggest. What did they tell you to do?

gator8_24

to just change my pw and the the security questions

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on August 28, 2006, 06:45:33 PM

OK I guess they feel that is good enough.

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on August 28, 2006, 06:47:20 PM

But you don't? what would you suggest?

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on August 28, 2006, 06:50:32 PM
Quote from: Homer on August 28, 2006, 06:47:20 PM

But you don't? what would you suggest?

If it was me I would close that account and open a new one.

Homer

Ilovemyweims

yewah i also get them just send them to pay pal!!

nightperson

i get that to i called paypal dont do nothing it is wait ya call a spam i set it to them and they tell me to send it to spoof u can find it on the left side of there page

xx_mandy_xx

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview