PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:19:24 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

wtc

Started by lovebug44,

Previous topic - Next topic

lovebug44

well its ben 5 years today the wtc got hit. men it dont seem  that long  0: 0: 0:

thompson

it will always be a sad day.....I lost friends on that day

lovebug44

.9-11.
0NE 0F THE M0ST TRAGiC M0MENTS 0UR C0UNTRY HAS EVER EXPiERiENCED.
N0W 0UR C0UNTRY iS G0iNG THR0UGH HURRiCANE KATRiNA, AND THE ANNiVERSARY 0F 0UR TWiN T0WERS. EVERYTHiNG SEEM`S T00 BE FALLiNG D0WN. PE0PLE M0VE 0N WiTH THERE LiFES, BUT SERi0USLY, D0N`T Y0U REMEBER THiS ? THiS iS HiST0RY. Y0U WiLL BE TELLiNG Y0UR KiDS THiS ST0RY WHEN THEY ARE 0LDER PR0BABLLY. JUST D0N`T F0RGET Y0UR PAST. iF Y0U D0, Y0U HAVE N0 FUTURE

lovebug44

Luna

That was a day that no one will ever foreget. A co worker lost her brother in the second tower that was hit. I always think back on how the only thing her family ever recieved was a small amount of dirt that was sent to them. I know it gave them some part of him (at least to them it did). I remember watching it while at work and seeing how she reacted.  I cant imagine how any person on Gods earth can hate others so much that they are willing to die themselves just to kill others. After the attacks she ended up quitting her job with us. She just couldnt handle it. To this day we keep in touch. She has said that she has been to doctors to help her deal with what took place. I guess as time passes there will be others who will think less about that day. But for those who were there or lost someone, they will never foreget. Her family never heard from him. I remember how she tried over and over calling his cell phone but he never answered. She left him so many messages telling him to please call her and that she loved him. To this day I still cry over it. I hated that there was nothing anyone could do. How can you take that type of pain and make it slightly better? Guess you cant. Each person was touched in a different way that day.

zeboo

this is a day I will never forget, I lost a family member that day and not just me but the whole world felt sorrow

Luna

Quote from: zeboo on September 11, 2006, 07:51:38 AM
this is a day I will never forget, I lost a family member that day and not just me but the whole world felt sorrow

sorry to hear that zeboo. i know its hard

zeboo

minniewinnie

Years have come and gone,
Since the towers came down...
Yet nothing is settled,
No peace to be found.

Seems like the efforts,
Made to this date,
Cannot resolve,
Our grief and our fate.

There are still questions there,
With no answers yet found,
Though grass replaces
The rubble from the ground.

The grief that we feel,
Is still fresh and so strong,
Despite all the 'answers'
For what really went wrong.

It seems that the mourning,
Is greater today,
That time does not heal,
Nor make it go way.

911 was a wakeup,
To a nation off guard,
Grief is not easy,
Forgiveness is hard.

So that each day now passes,
With no end in sight,
We remain in our mourning,
Still sealed with that plight.

We pray for the peace,
That only healing brings,
Proudly tell the rest of the world,
That Freedom still rings.

We will NEVER forget!! To anyone on here that has lost a friend or loved one, you're in my thoughts & prayers.

Julie

Quote from: lovebug44 on September 11, 2006, 04:55:27 AM
well its ben 5 years today the wtc got hit. men it dont seem  that long  0: 0: 0:

Nope it doesn't seem that long ago, hard to believe.

Quote from: zeboo on September 11, 2006, 07:51:38 AM

Sorry for your loss Zeboo.

Luna

Mary

babygurl424

my thoughts & prayers are with everyone who lost a friend or loved one that day..still can't believe its been 5 years...almost doesn't seem possible...

Tara

This is a day I don't think anyone will ever forget or forget what they were doing when they heard. Even my kids, which were only 5 and 7 at the time can tell you what they were doing.

Julez

Very hard morning, went with hubby to the Memorial at Ground Zero.  He was one of the servicemen standing watch over the Memorial.

I felt claustrophobic being in the Pit even though it's huge hole.  Never thought I'd be living in NYC 5 years later.

Tara

Quote from: InvisibleMouth on September 11, 2006, 12:47:18 PM
Very hard morning, went with hubby to the Memorial at Ground Zero.  He was one of the servicemen standing watch over the Memorial.

I felt claustrophobic being in the Pit even though it's huge hole.  Never thought I'd be living in NYC 5 years later.

I can't even imagine.

Kearney

To the thousands of civilians and families my deepest sympathy.  <3  To the 343 Fire and EMS who perished, my heart breaks, but the greatest act of duty is the ultimate sacrifice.  We will NEVER forget.

badgehog

Quote from: Tara on September 11, 2006, 11:16:24 AM
This is a day I don't think anyone will ever forget or forget what they were doing when they heard. Even my kids, which were only 5 and 7 at the time can tell you what they were doing.

So true, I still have a hard time dealing with the whole thing. I cant imagine anyone being able to forget this.  :(

xx_mandy_xx

it really did affect everyone everywhere...living in miami when the whole thing was happening everyone here was holding their breath because we thought they were going after major cities...so they let us go home early because we were near the airport...so it really caused a commotion everywhere not just nyc...i was in the 10th grade at high school and i could tell ya what i was doing that morning too....and i can tell you everyone around me was just freakin out

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview